Many of you have friends, neighbors or family who you are comfortable being with during this time of physical distancing. If you would like to faciliate your own small study group through Zoom, or in a safe physically distant environment using recommendations for doing so, here is a list of ideas to help get you started:
· Reflection on Sundays Group (Make Sunday Worship Last) - Following the Sunday worship services we will post on Facebook (or you can send Glenna an e-mail to receive them) a set of questions that can be thought starters for you to use in discussing the past Sunday's sermon.
· Right Now Media - Concord UMC has a subscription to this streaming video service which contains a wide variety of studies, documentaries and videos to help facilitate personal or group studies. If you do not already receive this, send Glenna an e-mail and she will send you an invitation to sign in and get started using the videos. As a group you can watch the videos individually and then gather to discuss them.
· Book Study - Go to Cokesbury.com and preview all the study materials available (some with streaming videos). Check with Glenna and she will arrange the purchase and then you can stream them to your group through Zoom or another physically safe gathering space.
· Devotion sharing - Three options: (1) Select a devotional book or text and then have an online sharing of it with your small group. (2) Cokesbury has a devotional app called "Connect Faith" to which we have a church subscription. You can log on - share the study together (or view it individually) and then chat with others about what you read and study. (3) Read the online devotions provided by Concord UMC and then discuss your reflections upon them as you gather as a group
· Create Your Own Idea - There are many options for study but you are encouraged to grow together using whatever material works for your small group. Glenna will be happy to resource you by suppling you with books, videos, ideas, training for online materials and fund a monthly Zoom account for your group. What a great time to get creative and the ideas are endless! Ready , Set, Go!!